Wanna join Rupert as an Account Manager? We think that'd be swell.
Rupert is looking for an Account Manager to join our Seattle-based team of artists, strategists and marketing problem solvers. Ideally, you’ll have one or two years of experience working at an ad agency, design firm or other marketing team. At Rupert you’ll be expected to build and maintain client relationships, manage projects, timelines and budgets, and keep an eye out for additional ways we can help our clients succeed. So if you like working with clients, doing business thinkery and working with creative people on creative projects… let’s talk!
The details of the job:
You move the project through the office. That means:
- Meet with the client to understand what’s needed. Ask questions.
- Write scopes and prepare schedules, track budgets.
- Keep our project management software (Avaza) up-to-date and look ahead to communicate any invoicing or resourcing needs to the team.
- Receive and think critically about feedback. Consolidate and share it with the team in a way that makes it easy for them to act on. When the feedback is complete, check the work carefully to make sure everything was done and provide a second set of eyes for the creative team, spotting errors and making suggestions.
- Get to know our clients’ businesses and the industries they work in. Understand how they make money and how our work contributes to that.
- Keep an eye on our clients’ competition and share with our team and our clients. What’s happening in their world that we need to know?
- Anticipate and ask questions, both from our team and the client.
- Track progress on any retainer clients and share weekly status updates with clients.
- Recap client meetings and feedback
- Communicate process, timelines and budgets to clients in a clear and friendly manner.
In the Office (or on Zoom)
- Contribute to team discussions. Share your opinion on creative work, briefs and processes. Make us better.
- Look for ways to help your teammates and make their lives easier.
- Keep learning your craft. Be a student of marketing and creative and share what you’ve learned with the rest of us.
- Come to work! We are currently experimenting with a minimum two days a week in the office and will no doubt adjust as we learn more.
- Get vaccinated! Covid vaccination and boosters are required. Flu shot is highly recommended.
- Medical insurance. Rupert covers 80%, employee 20% multiple plans available.
- Simple IRA contributions.
- We close our offices approximately 10-12 days per year, including the last week of December. Additional vacation is discretionary and subject to supervisor approval, but most folks take 2-3 paid weeks off.
- ORCA card
How to apply
Send your resume and a cover email explaining why you want the job and what you hope to accomplish at Rupert. Where will you send it? To firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "I wanna be your account manager".